The Miniature Magic Punch Needle by Laura Ameba
UK Shipping £2.95
This is my go to needle for when I want to punch needle smaller designs with detail.
This miniature magic needle is based on the original model used by the Russian Old Believers in the 17th century.
Each needle is still handmade and measures 5cm in length.
This is an adjustable needle because you can use as is or remove the blue cable cord or cut the cable cord to make different length loops. If you'd rather not cut the cabling you can buy phone cable with a 1mm hole & cut it down to the sizes you need.
With this needle you can create a variety of flat and three-dimensional stitches. Here are a few examples:
1. The Bubble stitch: On the smallest setting, three-dimensional pile or loop stitches are formed and they are so small they look like french knots or tiny bubbles!
2. The Loop Stitch: on the largest setting (where you remove the blue cable), the needle creates a much larger three-dimensional loop.
3. The velvet Stitch: You can cut the larger loop stitches down to create the look and feel of velvet!
How to use it:
Can be used with 1 to 2 threads of embroidery floss and No.12 Pearl Cotton thread.
You can use various backing fabrics with this needle. If you're a beginner Weavers Cloth is a good place to start but you can also use cotton, cotton linen blends, denim and silk- pretty much any fabric that has a tight weave with no stretch.
- Stainless steel needle for high durability
- Blue cabling
- Pink plastic handle
What's In The Box:
- The miniature punch needle
- 2 copper threaders
- Some embroidery thread